Staying in Wells-next-the-Sea? We’ve had magical times at our beach hut and love helping you to as well. We provide tea, coffee and hot chocolate and share with guests all our toys and games. You can relax in the deck chairs, use the buckets and spades, or there’s cricket, rounders, boules and more. Our favourite time is as the beach empties and the sun sets on another perfect day.
No overnight stays.
Single day hire available outside the peak season. This is a trial, so please be kind to the hut and to all that I provide!
We don’t have a dog ourselves, but the beach hut is dog-friendly and is on the dog-friendly part of the beach.
Please leave the hut ready for the next guests.
Please read Beach Hut FAQs to help answer any questions, as well as the information below.
chairs for adult seating
child’s chair, picnic rug & sun tent
tea and coffee-making facilities
minutes’ walk from the beach car park
minutes’ walk from Wells town
Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugar provided.
Gas canister provided for the picnic stove. Washing up facilities provided. Please bring your own tea towel and milk.
- 2 x deck chairs, 2 x director’s chairs, 2 x camping chairs, hammock, blow-up sofa, child’s camping chair
- 2 x wind breaks and mallet
- Small table
- Picnic rug, sun tent, warm blankets out of season
- Cutlery, cups, bowls, plates, cake stand, cake knife, serving platter, salad servers, plastic wine glasses, bottle-opener, scissors
- Buckets, spades, games including cricket, rounders, boules, bats and balls, shuttle cocks, and butt head!
- Battery-operated chandelier, fairy lights
- Dog bowl
- Fire blanket, fire extinguisher and first aid kit
Please leave the hut ready for the next guests. Cleaning check-list provided in the hut.
You cannot stay overnight in the beach huts.
You cannot light a fire on the beach.
Please be respectful of all we provide in our special space and let us know if you accidentally break anything.
You can order the following special treats for delivery to the beach car park:
- Oyster hamper from the Thornham Oyster Company: 07432 011819, or from Norfolk Oyster Company
- Seafood hampers, BBQ packs, tarts, picnic packs and salads from from Randy’s Seafood
- Cakes/savoury tarts & sausage rolls from the Welly Boot Bakery
- Hamper from Lou at A Little Bit of Luxury
- Brunch, graze box or doughnuts from Beautiful Brunches
- Afternoon tea from Katering4U
- Afternoon tea, brownies and blondies from I’ll Cook You Eat Bakes
- Local spirits and other treats from Fen Spirits Larder
Accessing the hut
You can use the hut from as early as you like, and stay until as late as you like, bearing in mind that the carpark closes at 9pm in the summer months, and earlier at other times.
If you’ve booked from the 1st to the 2nd of X month, you have the hut all day on the 1st, and will need to leave it ready for the next guests arriving on the 2nd.
I’ll email the key code, along with a reminder of arrival and cleaning instructions, by the latest the day before the start of your booking.
We normally park at the back of the beach car park and use the steps there (which take you onto the beach beside the lifeguard hut, from where you turn left). You can pay by card as well as cash at the car park machine.
You can also walk the mile from Wells, or cycle (cycle or e-bike hire available in Wells).
The nearest loos to the hut are in the woods (NB they’re not open all-year round). With the beach hut behind you, turn left and take the steps into the woods by Bear Hut. When you reach the bottom of the steps on the woods side, turn right.
Please don’t let anyone pee or walk behind the hut! (It smells and sand from the dune gets pushed under the hut so the hammock won’t hang).
At other times of year, use the loos in the beach car park.